We asked for your support to raise £750,000 to improve cancer services at Bedford, and we received it.
Every single penny donated to this appeal went directly to making a difference to cancer services at Bedford Hospital.
Our current appeal was launched on 26 September 2014 and was called The Challenge Cancer Appeal. It was completed on 31 December 2016.
We spent two thirds of the money improving services at the Primrose Unit
- By extending the Primrose Unit to make room for four more much-needed chemotherapy treatment stations
- By linking the Primrose Unit to the chemotherapy preparation area of the Pharmacy Department to save valuable time for patients attending Primrose
- By making internal alterations to increase the capacity of the Primrose Unit.
The remainder of the money was spent on
- Purchasing new specialist equipment for diagnosing gynaecological and breast cancer
- Improving and further developing the fantastic Primrose Car Services for cancer patients travelling to Addenbrookes Hospital.
How could we launch an appeal when the future of the Hospital was under review?
- The money generated by this appeal was used to support services for patients with cancer and these services were not under threat
- The need was urgent as cancer treatments at the hospital have increased by 85% over the last five years
- This appeal was fully supported by the Hospital and the money generated made a substantial difference to the quality of these services.
How you can help - you can still help in these ways to raise money for the next appeal - coming soon.
There are many ways in which you can help, such as
- Give a donation either online or by cheque. If you are a UK taxpayer you can increase your donation by 25p in the pound by completing a Gift Aid declaration. Please make cheques payable to: ‘Bedford Hospitals Charity’
- Make us your charity of the year
- Organise an event
- Join the 50/50 Club
- Take part in a sponsored event such as a marathon, swim or sky dive
- Hold a coffee morning or lunch
- Support one of the events organised by the Charity
- Send a memorial donation
- Make the Charity a beneficiary in your will.